17 Jul GRILLED FIG TOASTS WITH PROSCIUTTO AND GREEN BEANS
GRILLED FIG TOASTS WITH PROSCIUTTO AND GREEN BEANS
Write a review
- 1 pound French beans, trimmed
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces thin-sliced prosciutto, torn into pieces (1/2 cup)
- small handful fresh basil leaves, shredded by hand
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 pints fresh Black Mission figs
- 6 slices nut bread
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for brushing the figs
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Fill a large bowl with ice water and add salt. When the water comes to a boil add the beans and cook until just tender, about 3 minutes. Drain, then refresh in the salted water bath, then drain well again. Place beans in a bowl with the prosciutto and basil and set aside.
- Whip softened butter and honey together.
- Preheat your grill. Brush and oil the grill. Cut figs in half, brush with olive oil and grill, cut side down until heated - about 3 minutes.
- Place bread slices on the grill and grill both sides until marked and crispy. Remove and brush one side with honey butter.
- Set a piece of bread in the middle of each of 6 plates, butter side up. Arrange 4-5 fig halves atop each piece of toast.
- Melt the remaining honey butter in a small sauce pan. When butter begins to brown, add shallot and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the vinegar and olive oil. Pour the dressing over the beans. Toss and season with salt and pepper.
- Mound the bean salad on top of each toast and serve.
Coosemans Interproduce http://coosemansinterproduce.com/